Friday 19 March 2010

Podcast evaluation

For research, we had to figure out how Podcasts differ to that of other websites. The first thing I did in research was to review the RSS. I then looked up several websites that included videos in their options of the websites.

We then started on our design development. I got the general idea to have at least 4 designs on one sheet. I managed to come up with three designs, one with some connection to my research. I then finalized one of my ideas using pastel colours.

I made my website template on Adobe photoshop, as it is the easiest for me to make it on. I added all the text and images needed for all four pages on the same document by grouping them all respectively. When it came to slicing, I made grids for all the pages, and arranged the invisible keys so only one of the groups was visible, starting with the homepage. I had to merge some slices after slicing from the guides, because there were far too many slices otherwise. I saved the homepage as web and devices before I went to slicing the other pages. At the end of my slicing and web saving I had 10 web pages that I soon uploaded to Dream weaver.

Linking all the pages seems like a true difficulty, but after a thorough tutoring the whole process of linking the pages was so simple, I literally flew through the problem with ease. The problem I had soon was to add my videos onto the website, which was soon solved with another thorough tutoring.

The part in which I enjoyed most of this project would have to be the design. It was actually quite interesting when I got to link my research to one of my ideas, of course I understand that was what we were suppose to do the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment