Wednesday 20 January 2010

Design process- the shadow

On one of my outcomes I had to figure out how to create a shadow on the floor. One technique I used included duplicating the layer of the object in which the shadow is casting from.
With the duplicated layer, I then rotated it 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Now I need to make it seem like its casted from the light and the previous layer.
Here I've stretched the shadow to make the light behind the previous layer seem pretty strong. But the shadow still doesn't look anything like it's casted from the light and the object.

If you go onto edit-transform, you will notice there are a variety of tools to further distort such image. For the most part I used the skew tool and the distort tool. This shadow really helps this image stand out even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment